Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Shooting Spontaneity Project

Today, my friend and I went out to shoot a project for our digital photography class. We went out to Bayville after school and visited many of the beaches and parks in that area. The project required us to stick around various areas and basically observe what people were doing around us, and capture those moments. It's the idea of spontaneity. One of my favorite things that we shot was when we went to a beach when the sun was in the process of setting. People on the shore line turned into really nice silhouettes with this warm glow from the sun around them. I captured an image of a father with his son while he was pointing to something out in the water. In my opinion, the image gives a sense of closeness while observing and contemplating the bond between a father and a son. It's very heart warming. Another image I particularly enjoy is of a man playing ball with his dog on a dock. The man would throw the ball off the dock and into the water and his dog would go running after it into the water. The man would then follow suit, and they would swim back up together and do it again. This is also a heart warming image, seeing a man and his best friend spending some quality time together. After the sun had set, my friend and I decided to go into Huntington for some dinner and a coffee at Starbucks. We relaxed up until 9:30pm and then we went home. All in all, it was a very eventful day, and I am proud of what I captured. I look forward to going to that area again, as I was particularly fond of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment