Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Reaction Paper: Janelle Brooke

Yesterday in my photo seminar class, we had a visiting photographer named Janelle Brooke. She and her friend/assistant are mainly wedding photographers, but just recently got into the new born photography side of business as well. Her presentation was very professional with a sweet spark. I loved how genuine she was when she was expressing her joy for what she does. She expressed that through her introduction video, which is found on her website, and when she was presenting her work to the class. I also really enjoyed how thorough and informative she was when she was explaining her business methods. She showed how she did some of her edits, her pricing chart, and what services she offered. I also liked how she showcases her images for viewing. She uses this really cool company to make her picture books that contain her sample photographs. It was also really cool that she literally started out of her own dining room. She gave some really great advice that has inspired me to get started with a possible business of my own in the future. She said that even if you don't know where to get started, just get started. Even if it is something as small as starting a facebook business page, just start building a reputation. All in all, even though I don't necessarily aspire to become a wedding photographer, Janelle Brooke gave some really great advice and pointers regarding starting a business. I am really glad she came to speak. To conclude, her is a picture of hers that I find really sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment